Hope everyone is staying safe as we grapple with the throes of Hurricane Harvey’s aftermath…. We have not heard from anyone so far. Godspeed to all!
Monthly Chapter Meetings
- CANCELLED: Wednesday, September 13th at 5 pm.
- Wednesday, October 11th at 5 pm, location to be announced.
- After October: Meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of each month at 5 pm, location to be announced.
Fall Forum 2017 – Save the Date!
Fall Forum will happen on October 20th, 2017, at the TWU Campus. Further details to come!
Dr. Olinda Johnson Ph.D., RNC, CNS and Dr. Cynthia J. Hickman Ph.D., MSN/Ed., RN-BC attended the National Black Nurses Annual Conference at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada July 31th- August 4th, 2017. The theme for the conference was Nursing Innovations: Building a Healthy Community.
Dr. Cynthia J. Hickman spoke to the National Black Nurses Annual Conference in Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 31th- August 4th, 2017, about her dissertation topic: The Influences of Nutritional Food Label Understanding in African American Women with Obesity born during the baby-boomer era. Over 150 attendees attended the session.
Save Your Pop-tops!
Beta Beta-Houston is collecting pop-tops for Ronald McDonald House. Please save the pop-tops over the summer and fall and bring them to Fall Forum on Friday, October 20, 2017. A collection box will be available by the registration desk.
Beta Beta Book Club News
The Houston Beta Beta STTI Chapter has a multi-professional, multi-STTI chapter book club that meets every month at The Raven Grill, 1916 Bissonnet in Houston. The September book is entitled, Poisoned: The True Story of the Deadly E. Coli Outbreak that Changed the Way Americas Eat, by Jeff Benedict. If you wish to attend, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org [Click here for a flyer.]
Social Media – Help Wanted!
The BB Houston Tech Squad is here! We have branched out more fully into social media. We need managers for Twitter, Instagram, a Facebook page, and LinkedIn. If you would like to represent us on a social media platform that is not listed here, please contact me and we will add you to the group!
We need you!
What you will get from volunteering your social media services to the Beta Beta Houston chapter:
1) You’ll receive personalized leadership mentoring. We can discuss/agree on the terms.
2) You’ll get non-voting membership on the Beta Beta Houston Board of Directors’ Publicity Committee. You add that to your resume or CV. You will be an official BBHouston Tech Squad member. You can also be part of creating this group by consensus with the other group members.
3) You will help design how this committee is organized. You will learn about leadership and governance and about other things like computer programming and cyber security, if interested.
4) Your work will be recognized by the chapter for your service each year.
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Mary Anne Vincent at: email@example.com